Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let the Goat Sucking Superstitions Begin!

Yep. I made that title just to make you say "What the......" In honor of the impending new year, New Year supersitions are being hashed out at work. I am not REALLY a supersitiious person. But it is somewhat a tradition to eat black eyed peas for new years. Nothing in the world can make me eat cabbage (the greens). And we don't do laundry on new years. Supposedly, if you do laundry on new years day, you wash away your family. Last time Mom did laundry on new years, our favorite uncle up and died. Of course this cow I work with said it was BS and that he died because God said it was his time. Could be true. But you know me, I had to bite my tongue.

If you don't believe in NOT washing clothes, saying its an old stupid superstition, then how can you follow through with tradition by planning on cooking black eyed peas and cabbage to eat that day? Is possible to pick and chose which supersitions you want to believe in? It seems like there are those few standard beliefs for New Years. Since there are only ...... 4 that I know of. Is it possible or reasonable to only pick and chose which ones you want to believe in?

Of course this is starting to sound like a religious argument. Which I am not qualified to have with anyone lol. However I came this close to telling said co-worker cow that I don't believe in HER god and HER god didn't pick and choose when MY family died. I do, after all is said and done, claim to be a pagan.

From supersitions on to ....... mythological creatures (another supersition in it's own way I suppose). Recently, there has been a Chupacabra slaying in KY. I have never believed in the Chupacabra or Big Foot or the Loc Ness Monster. And just a little secret, I don't believe in dinosaurs. Yes, there has been some scientific evidence. And the older I get the more I just accept it. But the concept of dinosaurs and the world they inhabited is just too much for my little hamster brain. I'm sorry.

However, with this last recent sighting, well slaying, of a "chupacabra," I am beginning to wonder. It seems like all the sightings / killings have things in common. Large canine resembling mammal with no fur, gray skin, dead livestock, and dead. lol. All the cupacabra in the media have been killed by ranchers. In the latest sotry from KY, the Louisville Zoo was on hand to say that it was local species of an animal. Well, why doesn't the zoo tell us what KIND of animal. Take it back to the zoo. Do some tests. And say "Hey, it was boar. It was a wolf." But, no. Everytime a chupacabra is killed, an authority steps in and says that it is a local animal that has a disease like mange. But no one ever defines what kind of local animal. And I'm starting to wonder about the dried out, dessicated animal husks that are found around the chupacabra bodies. THAT is not natural and I would love to learn how ANYTHING could suck a cow dry of any and all bodily fluids withoth leaving a mark on the cow. Other than fang punctures lol.

All in all, I think my brain is starting to believe. No, it doesn't make a lot of sense. But until a doctor comes out and says that this body is a diseased hippo, I'm going to go with the chupacabra theory. If these sightings/killings keep popping up in different regions, and attributed to diseased, crazed animals, then we most certainly have a problem. There is some disease in this country that makes wild animals loose all their fur, contorts their skeletons, gives them fangs, and reaches carnivores to live off of the blood and water of livestock. So I guess I can add chupacabra to my list of weird things I DO believe in : along with aliens and ghosts.

Now, I'm not so sure that the chupacabra is evil or a demon - in fact I don't believe anyone 1 person or thing is completely evil or bad. It may in fact but an unknown species with very few specimens left. But if the ranchers kill them all we will never know. Of course, I still don't think Big Foot is real or Loc Ness. But what a good way to bring in the new year! With supersitions and mythical creatures.

4 comments: